Thursday 6 September 2012

Trekking snack: Dark Chocolate Bark!

So tomorrow I fly off to trek The Great Wall of China for 10days!
I'm very nervous at the moment, but my rucksack and day sack have been packed with trekking clothes and equipment. I've also managed to pack quite a lot of snacks to keep me fuelled during the day long climbs along the wall.

My new cookbook: Practical Paleo has inspired me to make a snack, rather than rely completly on packs of nuts:
So I have made dark chocolate bark, inspired by the pepita goji berry bark on pg400 (yes it's a super long book stuffed full of recipes)

Dark chocolate bark:
1 pack of dark chocolate (I use Aldi moser roth 125g 70% dark)
1 knob of butter
1 handful of chopped walnuts
1 handful of pumpkin seeds
1 handful of cranberrys
Sprinkle of salt

1. Melt the chocolate and butter. I used a bowl over a pan of hot water, stirring little and often until all the chocolate melted.
2. Stir in the nuts, seeds and cranberrys. Grinding some salt over the top.
3. Pour onto a lined baking tray and leave to cool in the fridge.
4. Enjoy this tasty treat!!!

I will be taking lots of pictures with my new Panasonic Lumix SZ1 camera, hopefully will share the great photos and all my experiences with you on my return!!

Thank you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment